Nintendo has announced that they will be touring with their New 3DS device. 12 cities will host a Play Nintendo event this summer.
The tour will visit malls and other locations across the US from June 17 to Sept. 5. The program invites local fans to compete for a chance to win prizes and play Mario, Kirby, and Donkey Kong titles on a video wall shaped like a giant 3DS system.
“With the Play Nintendo Tour, there’s a surprise around every corner for kids and kids at heart,” Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of sales and marketing, said in a statement. “The tour’s massive play area is filled with Nintendo 3DS games and charming worlds themed around classic games and characters.”
These events will not solely include the device and game play. Many other props from your childhood and things your children love will be there. Such as; a huge Kirby figure an oversized Yoshi egg, a barrel flanked by Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong, blue Spiny Shell, giant Pokéball.
Visitors can also hop into a Yoshi egg to play Yoshi’s New Island, recline on a giant banana while racing through Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, and relax in pink beanbag chairs to enjoy one of Nintendo’s newest games, Kirby: Planet Robobot, set to launch on Friday.
The Play Nintendo Tour is scheduled to visit the following locations:
- June 17-19: Westfield Culver City—Los Angeles, Calif.
- June 24-26: Arrowhead Towne Center—Glendale, Ariz.
- July 1-3: FlatIron Crossing—Bloomfield, Colo.
- July 8-10: Mall of America—Bloomington, Minn.
- July 15-17: Bite of Seattle—Seattle, Wash.
- July 21-24: Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina—San Diego Comic-Con, Calif.
- July 29-31: Memorial City Mall—Houston, Tex.
- Aug. 5-7: Woodfield Mall—Schaumburg, Ill.
- Aug. 12-14: Roosevelt Field—Garden City, N.Y.
- Aug. 19-21: South Shore Plaza—Braintree, Mass.
- Aug. 26-28: Tysons Corner Center—Tysons Corner, Va.
- Sept. 2-5: North Point Mall—Alpharetta, Ga.